Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Food is your FRIEND, not your enemy!

A battle with food is not a way to live.  I have been there and now realize food is my friend.  Do I ever have days I feel like I am losing??...holidays, parties and stress....YES! When I focus on that the food fuels my body to function and that cookie or treat will always be there tomorrow,  I am able to stay on track with portion control.


Try and focus on eating 5-6 meals per day.  You may be saying: EATING 5-6 MEALS PER DAY IS SO MUCH FOOD. I CAN’T EAT IT ALL!
The idea with clean eating is not to eat extra food, but to take the normal amount of food you eat (or should eat) and divide that into your 5-6 meals per day.
If you are struggling with the number of meals to cook and what to prepare, use your normal 3 meals for the day and then divide them in half and spread them out to every 2-3 hours.  This is a great way to create a habit of eating every 2-3 hours and getting 5-6 meals in daily.  I have even suggested to clients to set a reminder in you calendar to eat.
My typical day looks like this:
6-7ish ~ breakfast
9-10am ~ snack
12-1 ~ lunch
2-3 ~ snack
5-6 ~ meal
8 ~ snack if starving:)

Now is the time to have control of food and create that special friendship!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment