Thursday, April 25, 2013

YES, YOU CAN!

Have you ever had a "God Thing" happen to you?? After what I just experienced yesterday and just posting about food being our friend.....I had to share.

Yesterday I met with the group of kids who are special needs (awesome I may add) and we were having our devotion and weekly motivation/plan time.  I shared that this week is all about staying motivated and "YES, YOU CAN!" The scripture is one of my favorites: Philippians 4:13 ~ "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

After our talk, one of the kids came up to me and shared something with me that they were feeling guilty about....eating 2 molten cakes.  Personally, I was jealous because I LOVE those things :), however I could see there was concern and guilt being felt about eating them.  Sometimes all reason is not there for these kids.....but then again is it for me too? Justification about it being giving and not upsetting someone who gives you something, then not having it go to waste if no one else was going to eat it.  I let him share all his thoughts and feelings and replied with:
  • What is done is done
  • If you are not feeling good about what you choose to do then we need to remember this if it happens again
  • Tell the person trying to give you something thank you, however you choose not to have more
Then I asked, If you were given a plate of broccoli or apple would you have eaten it? Answer ~ Well no Miss Deb because those are healthy options. :)

I got the honest answer! This made me think about times I would "think" I was so hungry that I just had to have it, however it was often junk food and not clean healthy food. 

You can say yes or you can say no....YOU have the choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment