Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Giving life perspective

I am finally getting back to my home life and routine again since my mission trip to Bolivia.  It was the most intense emotional experience of highs/lows I have ever been on.  To see all the eyes that held hope, love and hurt ~ as well as being touched by all my senses is what I will forever remember. There are just so many stories to tell and share.  I believe this one woman I witnessed gave me the vision of seeing and hearing Faith and Hope in a place that can be so uncertain...
A home we visited was of a women and her children.  She left an abusive husband and came to Warmi Kaya where she learned how to make beautiful scarfs. She has now been able to provide for all her children with selling these and other items....and her oldest is graduating high school next year! They live in a modest one room home with 2 beds for 5 people to sleep, dirt for a floor, no running water BUT a testimony that Christ gives her strength on a daily basis with her prayer and devotional time to Him.  I get spirit bumps every time I think of her and remember her saying this loud and clear.  I feel so thankful and humbled that I was able to spend a few moments with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment