Sunday, August 21, 2011

PLANS

Our family made it through the 1st week of school!  My baby is in kindergarten....I can't believe it!!!  Both girls did AWESOME.....and love school:) woohoo!!

It was a little crazy getting back into a routine, and my hubby had been out of town......and got delayed (for a whole 24 hrs!!) because of the bad weather we had back home.  It was crazy the size of hail that came down.  I feel awful for those who had damage to their property and I pray their lives can be back to normal soon!!  I don't think anyone can ever plan for something like this.  We had luck on our side, not with my husband's flight being cancelled, but him missing his initial flight days before.  Because he missed his flight, it gave him extra time to spend with his mother over a cup of coffee.  She was able to drop him off at the airport and take his car home.  Luckily it wasn't at the airport because that is where some major hail damage happened.

I think its crazy how I can do the best planning for things, but "plans" for us to go here, go there, do this, do that don't always go as planned.  Its often in those good times that I thank God, but when times are tough, I don't always praise Him....but question Him.  Today, our scripture reading was from Jeremiah 29:4-13.  How fitting for me to realize God has His plans for us and will be with us through it all!! AWESOME!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
                                ~Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment