Saturday, October 15, 2011

Donuts for Dads

At the end of the school year last year, a friend asked me if I would help co-chair a couple events at the school: Donuts for Dads and Muffins for Moms.  This past week was Donuts for Dads.....and did we go through some donuts.  About 1200 donuts and 20 gallons of orange juice was consumed!! YIKES....that's a lot of SUGAR :) 

One little friend of my daughter was curious if we were going to still have donuts because I was on the committee.  She was happy to see that we did have them :) I also thought it was funny how many people shared that they didn't think I would ever eat a donut, or how long they would have to workout to burn it off!  Now I would be VERY untruthful to say I never eat donuts....but what I do is have them once in awhile for a cheat indulge. 

What do you have for breakfast?  I recommend a good start to your day with a good breakfast of protein and carbohydrates.  My favorite is 1/2 cup of oatmeal with 3 scrambled egg whites, cinnamon and splenda brown sugar.....and a cup of coffee! LOL

Wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment