Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Power of Positive Words

Have you ever noticed when you tell yourself or someone else a "positive" word/words how it can put a smile on your or their face?  I have always felt the saying; "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will not hurt me".....isn't TRUE!  Words have powerful feeling and emotions that go with them. 

Through my years of training myself and others, these positive words make a difference in how we all approach our training and eating habits.  I know for myself, when I'm feeling down, I have turned to food for my comfort.  What I have found is that it doesn't solve any problems, but in fact may make the situation worse because I feel guilty!  What has been a HUGE factor now in my life is turning to Christ and his word.  Here are a couple scriptures that speak volumes to how our words of setting the tone for His help and guidance through our souls:

"Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name."
              ~Jeremiah 15:16

"I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread."
              ~Job 23:12


Wishing you a Blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment