Sunday, February 24, 2013

Brownies and a "secret" ingredient:)

BLACK BEANS! Yes, these brownies are made with black beans....thanks to a special friend who shared the recipe, I had to make a batch and see if it passed the hubby and kid test...IT DID!!!!
The only thing I wish I had more of was chocolate chips.  I had a whole 7 chocolate chips in my freezer....yes "7" and I used every single one:) LOL

Black Bean Brownies
1 can black beans (15 ounces drained)
1/2 c oats
1/3 c Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
4 Tbsp peanut butter
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsp Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
dark chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
*Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips (I used a food processor till smooth)
*Pour into greased 9x9 pan and sprinkle with chips
*Bake in a pre-heated 350 oven for 15-20
*Cool and cut into 12 pieces
Macros per brownie: 90 Calories *4.4g fat(1.6g saturated) *10.3g carbs(2.7g fiber 2.5g sugar)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment