Tuesday, February 12, 2013

FAT TUESDAY Family Favorite....Shrimp Creole

I decided to go for it and try a version of Shrimp Creole to go with my new fav...spaghetti squash!
Here it is:
1T butter
2T safflower oil
2T wheat flour
14 oz chicken broth
1 C water
1 1/2 C sliced celery
1 bunch green onion
1 red pepper
4oz tomato paste
Bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
Red pepper flakes to taste
3 Cups of cooked shrimp

Heat butter and oil, add flour and cook for 5 min before adding all other ingredients. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer covered for 30 minutes. A few minutes before serving add shrimp.
Serve with brown rice, pasta...or my new favorite spaghetti squash!

My family went nuts and told me that this was a keeper! YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment