Thursday, June 23, 2011

Relay For Life! Honoring those with cancer

Today is the Douglas County, Relay For Life!  It is an AMAZING event.  You are able to support survivors, remember those who have passed and believe in HOPE for a cure of cancer.  My husband got me involved with the event before we where married.  His father died of pancreatic cancer, and every year he volunteers on the committee to honor his father.  My daughters get so excited for the event.  This year they are going to be "hush angels".  They will walk around the track prior to the luminary ceremony, reminding others that this is a time of silence and respect to those who have lost the battle to this disease.  My aunt died of cancer and I have a grandmother who is still alive after being diagnosed with breast cancer over 40 years ago.  My prayer is that there is a CURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment