Monday, November 19, 2012

In honor of my Grandmother

My Grandmother is slowing passing.  She is now on morphine for pain and is not eating or drinking.  I saw her today and she opened her eyes and cried.  I know she knew I was there.  I told her how much I loved her and that I know how much she loves me.  The Lord is waiting for her with open arms.....what a special day it will be when she gets to meet Jesus!!!

"O God, I thank You for this day of life
for eyes to see the sky
for ears to hear the birds
for feet to walk amidst the trees
for hands to pick the flowers from the earth
for a sense of smell to breathe in the sweet
   perfumes of nature
for a mind to think about and appreciate
   the magic of everyday miracles
for a spirit to swell in joy at Your mighty presence
   everywhere."

by Marian Wright Edelman


In honor of my Grandmother with our daily challenge, we are going to do mountain climbers.  My Grandmother is a "tough old bird", as my Grandfather would say, and she would climb any mountain with determination and strength.  Perform a mountain climber on the floor or elevated on a step/chair for 1 minute on, 1 minute off for 10 minutes total.

The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
~ Exodus 15:2

No comments:

Post a Comment