Friday, February 17, 2012

One....day 10!

We made it to double digits! WOOHOO!!!!  And it means we are almost 1/2 way to accomplishing our goal of 21 days:) YEAH!  What has been nice is that no fitness center or gym have been required for the exercises, however you can do them there if you choose.  For me having the option to get fit at home is great when I am short on time.  That means I'm finding time, any amount of time, to get exercise in.  Tracking my food intake and most importantly having the right mindset.  What I have found is getting fit comes down to 3 key things all in balance: FAITH, FOOD, FITNESS.

Today's challenge is a plank on your elbows and toes. The plank is a great way to build endurance in both the abs and back, as well as the stabilizer muscles.
How to:
  1. Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
  2. Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
  3. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
  4. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
  5. Try and hold for 60 secs.  If you are a beginner, start with 20 secs and repeat 3 times for a total of 60 secs.
Here's to striving to do our best in the day's ahead!

"Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand."
    ~Psalm 73:23

No comments:

Post a Comment