Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One...day 15!

Happy Ash Wednesday!  I didn't plan this, however this is the last week of our challenge and the 1st day of Lent.  We have been focusing on a minute exercise challenge daily, focused on healthy options with snacking for the past week, now we can focus on our faith!  During this time, some people "give up" something for Lent.  Do you?  I have given up sweets, alcohol and watching TV.  When I was younger this all just didn't seem meaningful...it was just something I was suppose to do.  Now I think about not what thing I am giving up, however why and who makes the sacrifice so meaningful.  When I give something up for Lent it reminds me that Christ not only died for my sins, he suffered for them.  I too can suffer a little, no matter how trivial, in remembrance of that sacrifice!

Today's challenge is for your abs and core.  Seated torso twist.  Contracting your abs, twist to one side (with added weight for more resistance) and tap the floor at your side, twist to opposite side and continue repeating for 1 minute.

Wishing you Blessings today and always!

"Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
     ~Mark 8:34

No comments:

Post a Comment